It was the early 50s, when Silvano Buti at just 14 years old, began working at the Nannini laboratories, who at the time represented the nerve center of Sienese pastry. Here he comes into contact with great confectioners from all over Italy who become his mentors; one in particular takes him under his wing and, shortly afterards, takes him with him to the laboratories of the then Florida in Piazza della Posta. From there the next step is short, in 1958 he rented a small space of 20 square meters with a wood oven in Via Piave, where, with his brother Marco, he laid the foundations of what would become one of the landmarks of the Sienese confectionery tradition, culminating with the opening of the premises in Via Vittorio Emanuele II in 1966, which still hosts its laboratory today.
PASTICCERIA BUTI TODAY
Today the task is entrusted to the expert hands of Silvano’s son, Francesco, who grew up among the counters of the laboratory where he worked from a young age. He entered as his father’s apprentice, his task is to carry forward the philosophy of the Pasticceria based on genuine and fresh flavors.
The consistent production, the care in the choice of raw materials, the constant control on the quality of the products, are the main strengths of the Buti Pastry